Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Book Review: Nightmares! by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller

Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Publish Date: September 9, 2014
ISBN: 9780385744256
Pages: 355
Series: Nightmares! #1
Source: Gift

Goodreads Synopsis:

Sleeping has never been so scary. And now waking up is even worse!
 Charlie Laird has several problems.  1. His dad married a woman he is sure moonlights as a witch.2. He had to move into her purple mansion, which is NOT a place you want to find yourself after dark.3. He can’t remember the last time sleeping wasn’t a nightmarish prospect. Like even a nap.  What Charlie doesn’t know is that his problems are about to get a whole lot more real. Nightmares can ruin a good night’s sleep, but when they start slipping out of your dreams and into the waking world—that’s a line that should never be crossed. And when your worst nightmares start to come true . . . well, that’s something only Charlie can face. And he’s going to need all the help he can get, or it might just be lights-out for Charlie Laird. For good.

My Review:

What a fun book! This was a gift from my daughter seeing as she knows how much I love to read and how much I love Jason Segel (mostly from How I Met Your Mother). I don't know how much of this was written by him and not Kirsten Miller but it was a fun read no matter what.
Charlie is going through a rough patch in his life right now, and on top of dealing with all of that, he cannot sleep without falling into a terrifying nightmare that eventually becomes a living nightmare. What I really liked about this book is that as a 29 year old reading this, I was taken back to my best childhood memories. I felt like a kid again! I read this book with a smile on my face, and I seriously wanted to make a fort and read it late at night with a flashlight! I think this book would appeal to so many others. Young and old alike. And maybe even for younger kids, it may be a little frightening! It had great friendships and it overcame obstacles. I can't wait to read The Sleepwalk Tonic, Nightmares #2, and I just found out in late 2016, The Lost Lullaby, Nightmares #3 is due to be published! Get ready to be spooked!

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird